[mythtv-users] Twinhan DVB-T CI module

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Sun Jun 26 18:52:45 UTC 2005

Einar Bjarni Halldórsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got problems using my cards CI module. Whenever I switch to an
> encrypted channel in Myth it spews out this immortal error in the logs
> "CAM doesn't support link layer interface, Caps.slot_type=1". Now, my
> question is this: What's the link layer and why would I want to support
> it?
>
> I've been messing around with ca_zap from linuxtv.org and talking with the
> devs there but we still haven't gotten that to work with my card either.
> The only thing that did work was in Windows where I got confirmation that
> the smartcard from my provider works with my CAM, which in turn worked
> with my DVB card.
>
> Now let's go the bottom of this link layers business. My CAM is a Conax
> 4.00e and I'm using the official smartcard from my provider here in
> Iceland.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, and the Twinhan you're using is the
same as mine, it doesn't support the 'normal' CI methods of access. This
is all that Myth (AFAIK, I'd be glad to find otherwise) understands.

ca_zap won't help, unless you call it as part of some fictional 'channel
change' script, which gets more messy than even I'd like to consider.
Support for the "High level CI" needs added to Myth if you want your
card supported.

Cheers,

Allan.