[mythtv-users] Running MythTV with no capture card?

JD Huntington jdhuntington at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:59:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a few questions about myth's functionality, and how I might go about
making a bit of a custom setup.

I have a machine running mythtv, barely. The machine is not equipped with a
tuner card, because I do not have cable. If possible, I would like to be
able to use myth to be able to play an extensive library of backed up DVDs
and TV shows that I already have on my hard drive. Is this an easy thing to
do? So far, I have been unable to find anyone in my situation that has
posted a similar question, and I'm not really sure where to go. I seem to be
getting a lot of errors during setup because I have not defiened my capture
card correctly and whatnot.

If anyone has any suggestions or resources, it would be greatly appreciated.

-JD