[mythtv-users] Searching imdb.pl is really slow

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:41:14 UTC 2005

On 6/26/05, AeroPeek <aeropeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm running MythTV 0.18.1 (frontend and backend) on FC3.
> When I'm searching for a movie in a command line using the imdb.pl
> script everything works really fast, for example:
> As you can see, the total time for searching the movie ID, the data
> and the poster is less than 4 seconds, but when I'm searching within
> the frontend the search time can get to 45-60 seconds, and somethims
> even longer...
> Doe's anyone ever encountered this problem? any ideas of how fixing it?

Frontend also downloads the cover art or movie poster, so your
comparison is not exactly accurate. I have the same long waits. I
suspect that the delay is on IMDB end, it does not take THAT long to
shove the jittle jpeg through my cable connection.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com