[mythtv-users] Re: Searching imdb.pl is really slow

Pete Cable petercable at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 01:54:26 UTC 2005

On 6/26/05, Pete Cable <petercable at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Frontend also downloads the cover art or movie poster, so your
> > comparison is not exactly accurate. I have the same long waits. I
> > suspect that the delay is on IMDB end, it does not take THAT long to
> > shove the jittle jpeg through my cable connection.
> >

> The OP includes the time to download the movie poster.... The script
> seems to take forever on my machine as well, even sometimes failing to
> retrieve the poster. If I get a chance in the next few days I'll take
> a look at it and see if I can determine why it is taking soooo long.

Hmmm, ok I read it again and it's just the search time for the poster,
but here is the results for grabbing the poster on my machine:

time wget http://www.impawards.com/2003/posters/lost_in_translation.jpg
--18:52:50--  http://www.impawards.com/2003/posters/lost_in_translation.jpg
           => `lost_in_translation.jpg'
Resolving www.impawards.com... 216.92.30.49
Connecting to www.impawards.com[216.92.30.49]:80... connected.
Length: 96,813 [image/jpeg]

18:52:52 (50.65 KB/s) - `lost_in_translation.jpg' saved [96,813/96,813]

real    0m2.419s
user    0m0.005s
sys     0m0.004s

Still significantly less than the time it takes when running this
through the frontend.

--
Pete