[mythtv-users] Skip forward doesn't work correctly anymore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 27 02:32:22 UTC 2005

Paul Leppert wrote:

> On 6/25/05, *Michael T. Dean* <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
>     Paul Leppert wrote:
>
>     <snip>
>     Sounds like a problem with recordedmarkup.  First, you should try
>     repairing the table.  I recommend stopping mythbackend and  running:
>

> Ok, I'm confused.  Looking at my tables in mythconverg, I don't have a
> recordedmarkup table at all.

I suppose that would qualify as a problem with recordedmarkup...

>   See below for my list of tables.  If this table is needed, how do I
> get it back?

Let's hope that it's just not showing because MySQL can't open the file
because it needs repaired...  If not, let up know and we'll go from there.

> How do I check if I'm missing other files?

We'll get that with the check if it's the inability to open the
files...  (I hope.)

> mysqlrepair -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>
> to check and repair all tables in the database.
>
> I don't have mysqlrepair on my system (FC3).  I use apt-get and I have
> mysql, mysql-devel, and mysql-server packages installed and
> up-to-date, but no mysqlrepair.  Is this a mysql program or a myth
> script?  Is it in a different package?

mysqlrepair is a soft link to mysqlcheck (a MySQL program -
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/using-mysqlcheck.html ) that causes
its default behavior to repair the tables.  You can do the same with
mysqlcheck (it's really not important to have mysqlrepair, so don't
worry about it).

mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

Mike