[mythtv-users] Mythbackend.log stops getting written to after logrotate

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:28:08 UTC 2005

My logrotate script runs weekly. I have noticed that I am getting an
error reported form the cron job which says something like "logrotate
resulted in an error" (can't remember the exact wording). This
coincides with a new mythbackend.log file which is 0 bytes and which
doesn't get written to. If I restart the service all is well.

I _believe_ (but have not yet verified) this then causes other
problems with things like quality of recordings and with
auto-shutdown. With the latter I believe it stops the nvram-wakeup
call being correctly executed which means the box doesn't wake up
again when it's supposed to so program recordings get missed.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Mythbackend seems to be the only
service which this happens to where it can't write to the new log file
after logrotate. I know it's possible to stpo/restart the service as
part of logrotate but that would mess up the recording.

Regards,
Phill