[mythtv-users] Sound issues and PS-TS mode

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:34:08 UTC 2005

> I'm assuming you mean for a DVB card?  The setting is in mythtvsetup
> under advanced in the capture card settings if I remember correctly.

I changed my settings to TS and I found that this caused an increase
in poor recordings. The symptoms were momentary pixellations
throughout the recording plus occasional  spits and pops  in the
sound. I've now changed back to PS to confirm this is what caused it.

I _think_ that the bad recordings may have been when there was bad
weather. Could it be that TS is more picky about the signal quality
than PS?

Regards,
Phill