[mythtv-users] Re: Recording Profiles dont seem to work with a PVR350 mpeg2 encoder chip!?

Robert Krig rkrig at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 12:09:37 UTC 2005

Probably not, I'll have to check. But why should that matter? Im not
asking MythTV to transcode my recordings once theyve been recorded.
After all, that would just result in more loss of quality. I'm trying to
get to the point were my recording profiles are as such that I can more
or less directly burn my recordings to DVD without any need of
re-encoding or transcoding.

Ok, I just checked it, and the first page says "Automatically transcode
after recording".

But whats the point in enabling that? I do NOT want to have to re-encode
my recordings. And since they are being recorded at 480x480 resolution
anyway, resizing them through transcoding is utterly pointless.