nVidia 6200 HDTV out - high CPU usage (was Re: [mythtv-users] TurboCache Video Cards)

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Jun 27 12:31:07 UTC 2005

Tom Dombrosky wrote:

>I had a lot of problems getting my 6200TC card to work.  I ended up
>selling it.  I only tried up to the 7174 drivers though.  The main
>problem I had was extremely high cpu usage for the X process whenever
>playing video.

You were getting that back on 7174?.  I just tried out a Leadtek Winfast
A6200 THD (nice card, fanless, with component video out).  I have only
tried the 7667 driver so far, but when I try to play something (mplayer
or myth) with the resolution set to 1080i X goes to near 100% CPU usage
and I can't use the keyboard.  I found that if I change to 480p output
everything works fine.  I can play DVDs or AVIs with mplayer with X
going to 100% usage.  I was planning on trying other driver revs to see
if I could get it to work.  Maybe someday...

--
David