[mythtv-users] Multiple tuners, multiple remotes

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Jun 27 15:01:25 UTC 2005

Jim Reith wrote:

> At 10:30 AM 6/27/2005, you wrote:
>
>> you dont have to do anything with the 150's remote. the 350's remote
>> will
>> control whichever card you are using for live tv at the time with no
>> extra
>> configuration.
>

> Through the 350's IR input or do I hook up both cards IR receivers? I
> just
> had this image of changing remotes depending on the card in use or
> clicking
> on the remote and changing the tuner for something recording in the
> background.

The remote doesn't talk to the PVR-350.  LIRC is receiving the input
from the remote and sending it to MythTV.  MythTV changes the channel.
Since MythTV can change channels on both tunners (you can do it with the
keyboard, so you know the remote isn't involved), you only need to pick
one of the IR receivers and use the remote in conjunction with that.

Kevin