[mythtv-users] Skip forward doesn't work correctly anymore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 27 15:05:01 UTC 2005

Louie Ilievski wrote:

>On Sunday 26 June 2005 08:58 pm, Paul Leppert wrote:

>>><snip>
>>>You can do the same with
>>>mysqlcheck (it's really not important to have mysqlrepair, so don't
>>>worry about it).
>>>
>>>mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>>>

>> Okay, so I ran the above and get the following output (everything says
>>"OK"):
>>

>Strange...looks like your recordedmarkup table got hosed somehow.

Yeah.  I was really hoping it was just unable to open the file.

>If so, then I guess you could add all of your shows to a playlist and
>have flagging run on all of them to get them all back into shape again.  I
>did this once before I realized that all I had to do was repair the
>table....and boy did it take a while for a couple hundred recordings  :-)
>Hope this does it for you.

Or, even better, to get seeking working more quickly, from the command
line run:

mythcommflag --rebuild

Then, when that finishes, you can tell it to flag commercials (on some
or all of your recordings).  You can do this either on a file-by-file
basis with

mythcommflag -f /path/to/nuv

or just let it do them all (over a couple of days) with

mythcommflag

Note that if you have a recent development version (> Jun 15 -
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/135954#135954 ),
this will even respect the commercial free settings on your channels, so
it won't waste time flagging recordings without any commercials.

Mike