[mythtv-users] Multiple tuners, multiple remotes

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Mon Jun 27 15:19:30 UTC 2005

At 11:01 AM 6/27/2005, you wrote:
>Jim Reith wrote:
>
>>At 10:30 AM 6/27/2005, you wrote:
>>
>>>you dont have to do anything with the 150's remote. the 350's remote will
>>>control whichever card you are using for live tv at the time with no extra
>>>configuration.
>>

>>Through the 350's IR input or do I hook up both cards IR receivers? I just
>>had this image of changing remotes depending on the card in use or clicking
>>on the remote and changing the tuner for something recording in the
>>background.
>
>The remote doesn't talk to the PVR-350.  LIRC is receiving the input from
>the remote and sending it to MythTV.  MythTV changes the channel.
>Since MythTV can change channels on both tunners (you can do it with the
>keyboard, so you know the remote isn't involved), you only need to pick
>one of the IR receivers and use the remote in conjunction with that.

Duh, dawn breaks over Marblehead. Yes, that makes sense. I configure the
remote to work (as it does now) and there is logic in MythTV as to which
tuner is active with the foreground and acts on the commands. I was just
having a block on the fact that the software was handling the remote not
hardware on the tuner. I should have known that after all the work to
generate lirc.conf and lircrc last week.