[mythtv-users] Myth on Amiga

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:09:57 UTC 2005

On 27/06/05, flim <flim at talktalk.net> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, can anyone see any problems with compiling Myth to
> run on Amiga?
>
> I've been thinking about getting an Amiga for quite some time now, due to
> their superior multimedia capabilities.  If it helps, the current Amiga
> systems run on, essentially, a slightly modified PowerMac.  Presumably,
> compiling Myth for the PPC architecture wouldn't be a problem, so I can't
> really see why it wouldn't work, but I don't want to start trying to get
> it to work if there's a fundamental problem - like if a required
> dependency won't run on Amiga OS 3.9/4.0...

I can see quite a large problem, unfortunately (And being a former
Amiga owner and fanatic, it's a little dissapointing).

I don't believe QT is available for AmigaOS, which means that
compiling Myth is going to be virtually impossible.

However, the latest Amiga boards (Like the Pegasos) can run PPC Linux,
and as Myth will compile under OSX (Which is NetBSD on PPC), it may be
possible to compile Myth. But that would be running on Linux/PPC, not
AmigaOS or MorphOS.

Sorry.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston