[mythtv-users] MythTV vs Panasonic DIGA...

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:02:18 UTC 2005

On 6/27/05, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> Hello world
>
> I new in MtyhTv area, so forgive me maybe silly questions...
>
> Few days ago I have possibility to use Panasonic's DIGA player
> (DVD/SVCD/DIVIX/PVR/MusicJugeBOX/Pistures). What was nice for me in DIGA
> (and missing in MythTV):
>
> When You put media into player, DIGA shows You nice dialog with options
> dependent on media contents:
>
> -DVD/VCD/DIVX: play this
> -MP3 & JPGs: import to HDD

I don't think Myth now plays Divx from DVDs, but you can configure it
to perform an action when you stick in a DVD or SVCD, it can go to
MythDVD menu (where you can select to play or rip), for example.

> For import function You have very simple file manager (browse tree, make
> dir, copy files).

File manager functions are sorely missing. I'd love to be able to
rename a file in a way that does not kick it out of MythDB.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com