[mythtv-users] mythtv overscan

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:03:42 UTC 2005

Dear all,
I installed 2.6.11-1.27_FC3 and for some reason, when I enter
"1024x768" in the following like described in Jarod's guide,
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     16
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

I couldn't see anything except a white screen *after* the bios screen.
I took it off and now I get the Blue login screen. I had previously
recorded programs (before this install) and I was able to see those in
a smaller screen. However, I couldn't see anything under "videos"
although it lists everything I have. It just stands on "Loading". 3rd
problem, I can't see Live TV.

Is there any way to overscan the screen so that I can remove the black
border on all 4 sides?
How do I get my Live TV working?
How do I degub what's wrong with my mplayer?

Thank you for your time & efforts in advance.
Ash.