[mythtv-users] mythtv overscan

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Jun 27 20:25:39 UTC 2005

Ashu Desai wrote:

>Is there any way to overscan the screen so that I can remove the black
>border on all 4 sides?

You mentioned Jarod's guide so did you note the section about setting
overscan settings for nvidia cards by using the nvidia-settings tool?
Just run nvidia-settings from a terminal window and you should get the
appropriate options for settings over/underscan.

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#video

>How do I get my Live TV working?

Does it work outside of mythtv?  Did you follow all the steps here:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#capture

Including the part about capturing content from the card to be sure it
is working?

>How do I degub what's wrong with my mplayer?

Run the mplayer command-line in a terminal window substituting the %s
for the filename of the video (be sure you are in your videos directory)
and note any errors that appear.

Kevin