[mythtv-users] [slightly OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 28 01:39:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 09:39:38AM -0700, john sturgeon wrote:
> On 6/23/05, Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org> wrote:
> > I've got a 15-2116 that I've set up with JP-1 for my (non-myth at
> > the moment) AV system. Great remote. The volume button works
> > properly with my receiver: I can hold it down and the receiver
> > smoothly cranks the volume up or down. No need to keep tapping to
> > button.
>
> 15-2116 owner here:
>
> For some reason, my volume key works great for up (I just hold it
> down), but for down I have to repeatedly press.  Quite annoying.  I
> haven't plugged the JP1 in yet (even though I have the cable), but
> when I have some time I'm going to try and resolve this.

Just following up on this.

Problem:

	My setup is such that I "learn" the 15-2116 volume buttons
	from my HT-in-a-box remote.

	However, holding down the 15-2116 volume buttons doesn't give
	me a corresponding volume adjustment; I only get a single
	"tick" of volume adjustment.

	I want to make the 15-2116 volume button work like my
	HT-in-a-box remote (e.g., hold down volume buttons for
	multiple ticks of volume adjustment).

Solution:

	Don't be so timid with the learning process :).

	I was previously just tapping my HT-in-a-box remote volume
	button just once to learn the remote.

	Instead, I just held down the HT-in-a-box remote volume button
	for the entire "learning" time period.

Now the volume buttons are working perfectly, and with JP1 and
RemoteMaster, the rest of the remote is great as well :).

Hope this helps someone else,
--Rob