[mythtv-users] Feature request/idea?

LKO lkomage at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 28 03:49:26 UTC 2005

Searching the archives tells me there used to be an "instant record" feature in
MythTV. I hope this feature returns someday.

What I'd like to be able to do is if I se something on Live TV that I want to record, is
be able to tell Myth essentially save its live buffer and continue recording for some
amount of time (like a VCR will to instant record for 30 minutes, an hour, and so
on). It should be able to do this even if there is no guide data for a source or
channel.

For example, I have an xbox hooked up as a channel, and sometimes we'll record
our games online. Sometimes it isn't worth recording, sometimes it is. It'd be nice if
Myth could be running in Live TV mode, and if things were going well, run in and tell
it to keep the live buffer, and start recording. I've tried getting it to record now, but
Myth doesn't seem to let you start a recording on a channel without guide data.