[mythtv-users] TV won't play unless you run mythbackend manually from a console (Success)

Michael Jones m_g_j at michaelandholly.com
Tue Jun 28 08:08:58 UTC 2005

HAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Found it..

The problem was that the command modprobe ivtv was being executed after
mythbackend was started.  (hmm.. what a surprise)

Someone instructed me on how to adjust the /etc/init.d/mythbackend file to
automatically load the ivtv module.  They told me to put it in the wrong
place.. i.e. after the start for mythbackend.

Now.. here's the question..   This seems to me to be kind of a kludge..

Is there a correct way to load the module WAY earlier?  I'm thinking there's
a more correct way to get it to load first.. before any of the /etc/init.d
stuff runs.