[mythtv-users] uc: Singal monitoring - How?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:42:18 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Barker Thomas <TBARKER at qinetiq.com> wrote:
> How can I singal monitor my DVB-T uk signal while trying out different
> aerial configurations?

Not really a Myth question but.... You can use tzap to tune to a
channel from the command-line (e.g. tzap "BBC ONE") assuming you've
got a channels.conf file sorted out (and if not, create one using
'scan' from the same linux-dvb toolset). Whilst tzap runs it will
provide you with signal to noise ratio information (snr) and an
uncorrected bit error rate (ber) information about once a second. Just
mess about with the aerial until you find how to maximise snr whilst
minimizing ber (hopefully to zero).

Stephen Williams

p.s. I know quite a few people at QinetiQ, which site do you work at?