[mythtv-users] Zero length recordings

James Pattinson jamesp at hisser.org
Tue Jun 28 12:01:05 UTC 2005

phil.vid at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Two things - try turning off the setting 'wait for seq start header'
> in your dvb card setup in the mythtv-setup app. There is possibly a
> bug in the TS SEQ detection code that manifests this way.
> Either that, or you are having a descrambling issue. I'm almost done
> with a patch against current svn that will restart the cam if you get
> a scrambling issue which has resolved this with an irdeto cam. I was
> experiencing a descrambling problem probably 3 days after a restart
> which is fixed by this patch.

Hi Phil

Thanks for the response. I made the change you requested, and rebooted
the box but the issue is still there. I actually had to reboot for an
unrelated reason - it's not my preferred troubleshooting method!

I've captured the full log where the recording is attempted, and it's
about 100 lines so I have put it up here:

http://web.hisser.org/logs/myth-dvb-1.txt

I'm not sure about the descrambling - I'm not using a CAM as all my
channels are FTA. Please let me know if you would like any other info -
would like to get to the bottom of this so I can finally replace my sat
provider's box!

James