[mythtv-users] Pre-bug logging question - is this just bad scheduler logic???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 28 15:29:26 UTC 2005

David Whyte wrote:

>I have noticed an issue with some scheduled recordings so that
>although one of my recorders are free, it didn't want to record a
>program.  I think the cause (without knowing any of the logic) is that
>the recording spans over two days.
>
>Basically, the line up is as follows (I have included my custom start
>early/end late times):
>Chan 2 - The commander - start 8:29 - finish 9:32 - card 1
>Chan 10 - NCIS - start 9:30 - finish 10:50 - card 2 (due to overlap)
>Chan 10 - Formula 1 Grand Prix - start 10:25 - finish 01:30 -
>*conflict* (why when card 1 is no free)
>Chan 10 - Cops - start 01:00 - finish 01:40 - card 1.
>
>By simply telling the F1 recording to actually record using mythweb,
>everything seems to be configured OK with F1 recording on card 1 and
>cops recording on card 2.
>
>Is this as issue with the logic in the scheduler that I should log a
>bug about, or have I done some spastic calculations?

Not a bug.  It's your configuration (priorities).  See:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/88755#88755

Note that in addition to recording priorities and recording type
priorities, there are also channel priorities and tuner priorities...

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/19924#19924 for
Chris Pinkham's excellent summary of how the scheduler works.

Mike