[mythtv-users] Video Card Suggestions for DVI/HDMI Output

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:42:54 UTC 2005

I recently purchased a Toshiba 52" DLP television, and I'm now
interested in upgrading the quality of the MythTV Display. I'm
currently using the Svideo out on my Chaintech mother board with the
nividia mx440 on board. I would like to use either the HDMI or
component input on my new television.

What would be the suggestion for doing this output. Would it be
beneficial to use the HDMI input as opposed to the Component input?

If I use the HDMI input, what would be a good video card to purchase
that is compatible with the HDMI input (I'm assuming that I would want
to get a video card with DVI output and use a converter to HDMI).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I'm soon going to be
recording and displaying HD recordings, as well as want the upscaling
of the DVD video. Thank you.