[mythtv-users] EPG language confusion

Johan Heikkilä johan.heikkila at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 21:02:59 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Antti Boman <antti.boman at offpiste.fi> wrote:

> At least my problem is xmltv grabber related. "tv_grab_dvb" seems to get
> the program info in both Swedish and Finnish, depending on the channel.
> The order seems to be random, and whichever language comes the last
> writes over the title and description.
>
> I solved the problem by (not asking anyone and) making my own PHP script
> that chooses Finnish whenever there's a title or a description in
> Finnish. The script also tries to categorize movies as movies. The scrip
> is in PHP just because I've concentrated less on Perl lately.
>
> In case you're interested, I can send it to you, along with a short
> installation instructions.
>
> -agb

Thanks for the offer, but I stopped using xmltv grabber a long time
ago. I am quite happy otherwise with the on-the-air EPG.

I'm still not sure if I understand how this works. At least the OTA
EPG seems to not update older data, so maybe when new data is fetched
and a channel happens to provide the other language the languages get
mixed up. But I'm not sure...

Johan