[mythtv-users] Installing > 1 Hauppauge PVR 250 Cards on back end

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 28 23:33:35 UTC 2005

George Nassas wrote:

> On 28-Jun-05, at 5:31 PM, Pane, Chris wrote:
>
> >Does the myth back end support more than 1 Tuner card (Specifically
> PVR 250. I am thinking >about buying an extra, thus have 2 capture
> cards on my back end
>
> The backend supports this. I recall one guy on this list having 4 or 6
> in one backend!

I know there's more than one guy.  :)  I'm one of the guys with 4 in one
backend.  PVR-x50 setup with the 0.2.x or 0.3.x releases is just as easy
with 1 or more cards.

Took more time to configure Myth than the cards.  I already had one
PVR-250 installed and working, so I just plugged in the other three and
the hardware worked.  Then, I went into mythtv-setup and configured the
cards and video sources in Myth and was up and running.  I recommend
taking this approach--get one working and then add additional cards--it
will minimize the possible sources of confusion.

Mike