[mythtv-users] Installing > 1 Hauppauge PVR 250 Cards onback end

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jun 29 00:05:27 UTC 2005

> George Nassas wrote:
>
> > On 28-Jun-05, at 5:31 PM, Pane, Chris wrote:
> >
> > Does the myth back end support more than 1 Tuner card
> > (Specifically PVR 250. I am thinking >about buying an extra,
> > thus have 2 capture cards on my back end
> >
> > The backend supports this. I recall one guy on this list having
> > 4 or 6 in one backend!

> I know there's more than one guy.  :)  I'm one of the guys with 4
> in one backend.  PVR-x50 setup with the 0.2.x or 0.3.x releases
> is just as easy with 1 or more cards.
>
> Took more time to configure Myth than the cards.  I already had
> one PVR-250 installed and working, so I just plugged in the other
> three and the hardware worked.  Then, I went into mythtv-setup
> and configured the cards and video sources in Myth and was up
> and running.  I recommend taking this approach--get one working
> and then add additional cards--it will minimize the possible sources

> of confusion.
>
> Mike

I definitely agree with Mike.  Get one card working, then another
one.  Do one at a time.  I have two cards (150 and 250) in one
backend, and they more or less work correctly.

My problem is that I can't seem to get a non-master backend
connected to my master backend so I can get 2 more 250s
and a pcHD3000 working.

Paul