[mythtv-users] Cases for M10000

Shawn Edwards sedwards at theedwards.org
Wed Jun 29 15:30:09 UTC 2005

Matthew Phillips wrote:
> On 29/06/2005, at 10:28 PM, Pane, Chris wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any recommendations for cases for the VIA EPIA m10000
>> mboard.
>>
>> The tough thing about cases is the stores just don’t stock to many  of
>> the non standard ones so you can’t go check them out !
>

> I went with the Cubid 2699 (http://www.procase.com.tw/products/
> itx_2699.php). Mainly for it's size and looks I'll admit (it's small
> and blends with my Sony stack :)
>
> It's working well so far. although if you are a silence purist its  two
> small fans might annoy. I suspect silent PC enthusiasts would  either
> (a) shut one of the fans off (this thing never even gets warm,  let
> alone hot enough to need 2 fans) or (b) upgrade to silent fans.
>
> Matthew.

I would plan on replacing the fans.  Both of the fans in my 2699 went
out within 6 months of putting them in service.

The WAF in my house is inversely proportional to the amount of ambient
noise the front end makes.  So I'm looking at the fanless mini-itx cases
from logic supply (http://www.logicsupply.com).

--
Shawn Edwards
sedwards at theedwards.org

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you
free with my breakfast cereal. -- Zaphod Beeblebrox