[mythtv-users] DVI->HDMI on Toshiba DLP

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 16:28:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:16:21PM -0400, Preston Crow wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 08:47 -0400, Nate Thompson wrote:
> > Not to go too off topic, but have either of you successfully
> > generated a modeline that eliminates most of the vertical overscan
> > when running at 1280x720p? I've managed to get rid of most of the
> > horizontal overscan, but am at a loss when it comes to the
> > vertical...
>
> I tried to do that, but using DVI->HDMI, all the modes I came up
> with that should have reduced the overscan didn't make any
> difference at all. Was I doing something wrong, or can you only do
> the modeline trick to eliminate overscan with analog output?

Not sure how applicable this is, but on my Toshiba 42H83
(rear-projection), I can't do *any* kind of modeline fiddling with the
DVI->DVI connection. I was able to do some modeline fiddling with an
AA 9A60 VGA->component adapter, but there were other problems, so I
just went back to DVI with shrunken-GUI-inside-of-severely-overscanned
resolution.

So yes, I have the same possibly-inapplicable experience of being
unable to adjust modeline with a DVI connection on a Toshiba (RP)TV.

--Rob