[mythtv-users] GeForce2 Card & A Wide Screen TV Via SVideo

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Jun 29 19:41:02 UTC 2005

On 6/29/2005 11:30 AM john sturgeon wrote:

>On 6/28/05, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
>

>>Is there any way to configure X to fill up my wide screen HDTV via
>>SVideo with a GeForce 2 card?  I can get the regular 4:3 (640x480)
>>resolution but would like to have the "desktop" fill my 16:9 display.
>>
>>I also use nvtv to shift the display to fill the 4:3 screen but have
>>been unable to find a way to make those settings permanent.  Is this
>>possible?
>>
>>Or have I reached the limits of the card and need something newer.
>>Suggestions?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Drew
>>

>If you have HDTV, why don't you get a VGA -> Component adapter like
>the Audio Authority 9A60?  Do you have any HDTV content to view?

Ultimately, I suspect I will go that route.  However this box is more a
"proof of concept" that was built with spare hardware I already owned.
As it's only an AMD Athlon 750mhz processor, an HDTV card at this point
is out of the question from my understanding.  But as it is, the
performance is quite good (probably thanks to the Win-TV 250 mpeg
encoder) unless I try to transcode files.  Then there's a wait.  :)
Anyway, when I buy the components to build my "real" system, an HDTV
card and component video will be the way I go.  But for now, I was just
hoping to make the system "better".

Thanks,

Drew

--