[mythtv-users] Dual Monitor support?

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Wed Jun 29 22:16:34 UTC 2005

Yes I tried editing the xorg.conf file and each time I do so X won't load,
and complains.
and present me with options to view the errors and finally to reset with a
new conf file.

when I try to create a dual head using the gui tool for display settings It
won't let me save with a dual head config.
btw: using fc3.    I using the latest Nvidia drivers but I suspect I am
missing some thing in the config process.

I'm not too worried about running dual displays on a single card,  I can
always plug in a pci card for the second display.
and get dual to work that way.  I was primarily inquiring about is how to
get myth to use the secondary display.
>From your example, I think you are assuming I am using 2 monitors as 1
continuous display. Where the x & y offsets would map to display 2.

I suspect what I want is each display configured as independent of one
another, since my console flat panel and the crt projector use different
resolutions and perhaps a parameter to instruct it to only use display n.
example mythfrontend --display 2 &