[mythtv-users] Another commercial MythTV box

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Thu Jun 30 02:37:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:16:35 -0700
chris wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 04:27:40PM -0700, Mike Myers wrote:
> > Yet another commercial MythTV system has hit the
> > market.  Again, no mention of Myth in it's marketing
> > materials.
>
> What really worries me is whether or not these commercial MythTV boxes
> are using labs.zap2it.com for their listings or not.  The folks at
> zap2it provide free listings for NON-COMMERCIAL use only, and have
> noticed some for-profit products starting to download listings.  They
> have hinted that if it doesn't stop they will have to take some action
> (the easiest of which would be simply to unplug their server).

If I buy one of these devices and then use it in my home, that appears
to me to be non-commercial use. As far as zap2it.com is concerned it
places no greater load than if i brewed my own mythbox.

IMHO commercial use would be, say, downloading information from
zap2it.com and re-selling it.

--
Nick Rout