[mythtv-users] Database setup

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:07:14 UTC 2005

On 6/30/05, ian swanson <swansian at atlanticbb.net> wrote:

> Everytime I attempt to start the MySQL server, whether it be at start up, or
> running the frontend, it says that it can't connect to server through
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. I assume that this is not the correct place for
> it to look? Where should it look- *(I'm running Fedora Core 3), and how do
> you change the location in which it looks? I have searched my system and
> there isn't any mysql.sock anywhere, and i'm not familar with database
> programs. Any help is appreciated. Ian

You can change the location of the socket in /etc/my.cnf although you
shouldn't need to - I'm running FC2 and this is where it is.

You might also want to make sure it is running the mysql server as a
user (usually mysql) that exists on your system. If this still fails,
please post the full error msg.

Did you install following Jarod's FC3 guide using atrpms? If you did I
can't see where things could have gone skew.

HTH,
Nick