[mythtv-users] frontend crashes with St9bad_alloc

Andy Heitke andy at heitkeconsulting.com
Thu Jun 30 19:24:02 UTC 2005

Just to follow up on this if anyone else gets stuck with this.  I'm pretty
sure now that my problem was actually a driver issue with either my nVidia
card or ivtv.  I finally realized that I never recompiled ivtv after
installing the latest kernel.  As soon as I did that, the error below
disappeared only to be replaced by the program totally locking up when
starting up live TV.  After reinstalling my nVidia driver, I was getting
some errors involving XvMC (I think that's what it was called.)

So at this point, rather than deal with it anymore I opted for a clean
install and now my system is functional again, although I lost all my data
because Fedora didn't add JFS support back in during the install.