[mythtv-users] Another commercial MythTV box

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Thu Jun 30 22:37:54 UTC 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Justin Mason wrote:

> BTW, have you considered embedding some kind of build-identifying info
> in
> the User-Agent string of the wget command used to update those, using
> -U?
> e.g. something like build dates, svn revision, etc.
>
> That way zap2it would be able to use a mod_rewrite rule (or similar) to
> blacklist offending *builds* of MythTV, such as specific commercial
> releases, rather than all labs-feed users in general.

Ugh. So they get their User-Agent shut down, so they push a software
update to use the User-Agent the legal people are using, getting that
one shut down, and we all get shoved into an upgrade race. Yicka.

There are plenty of lawyers doing things that hurt this project, I'd
think this would the time one could be used to help the project, and go
after those that are violating the terms of the agreement.

-Michael