[mythtv-users] DVB Subtitles Patch v1.0 released
pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 23:18:07 UTC 2005
I managed to implement the intended features for the DVB subtitles
patch. It should work now well enough. I hope to get it merged into
the trunk at some point.
You can get it here http://www.cs.tut.fi/~pjaaskel/mythtv-dvb_subtitles/
Here're the main changes:
* Disabling/enabling of subs via 'T' key.
* Better support for "live subs" for hearing-impaired.
* Limited the amount of memory used for buffering sub objects. With
live subs a new object can be requested for each word, which caused
all the memory of the system consumed quickly.
* Use subtitle timeout values from broadcast, if available, instead of
constant expiration time.
* Improved timing a lot -- now seems to work perfectly for me.
* Possibilty to set preferences for the used subtitle language. See
"installation" for how-to.
Please test, and also tell if it DOES work for you so I know that I'm
not the only one who it works for :)
More information about the mythtv-users