[mythtv-users] Problem playing back some HD content

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Tue Mar 1 08:19:04 UTC 2005

I posted about this recently and I'm going to ask again because I'm getting
more and more recordings that have the issue.

I capture my HD content via the new firewire code from a DCT-6200.  This
works *GREAT* 90% of the time.  However, some of the shows I'm getting will
generate a preview clip, will play in mplayer, but cause mythfrontend to
crash.  I hit "OK" to play the recording and I see a very quick flash of the
clip coming up full screen, and then mythfrontend is gone.

Does anyone else experience this?  Has anyone got any ideas on how to maybe
go about debugging it seeing as nothing seems to be in the logs.

-Todd