[mythtv-users] Looking for a mainboard

Bryce mythtv at menolly.net
Tue Mar 1 13:16:54 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I've been reading the list archives for a while and planning to build a
mythtv box for at least 1.5 years. I finally got an HD TV this weekend and
am ready to start pulling hardware together.

I picked up an HD-3000 and a maxtor 160 gb drive for dirk-cheap. Now on to
the other parts. :)

I'm planning on using the Cooler Master 620 case but I'm having a hard
time fnding a good mainboard. It seems higher-end mirco-atx mainboards are
hard to find. I'd like to do PCI-Express for the video card (probably a
Geforce 6600) and I really want a SPDIF out (unless it really isn't
needed). I perfer to stick with AMD CPUs and preferably an AMD64. Can
anyone recommend such a beast? Several searches on Newegg turned up almost
nothing.

Thanks!
--
Bryce T. Pier