[mythtv-users] DVB Problems on 2.6.10

R.Goff gumby at leemingwireless.net
Tue Mar 1 13:42:28 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded my kernel from 2.6.7 to 2.6.10 to try to fix some
problems my dvb card (A TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-T card) seemed to have
(would just suddenly stop tuning to new stations). However, after
upgrading, i now get the following error in my mythlog:

Starting up as the master server.
2005-03-01 21:11:20.712 DVB#0 DVB SI Table Parser Started
2005-03-01 21:11:20.844 DVB#0 ERROR - Opening DVB frontend device
failed. (6) No such device or address

The syslog tells me all modules are being loaded correctly.

I have changed the major numbers for the /dev/dvb listings to 250, but
still no luck. Ive tried to search through archives of various mailing
lists, but i just cant seem to find the solution :/

Anyone else have any clue as to why this would occur? Any suggestions
are welcome.

Cheers,

Raal