[mythtv-users] is my processor to blame? (lockups, problems with FF and REW)

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:00:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:20:45 -0500, rsalern5 at optonline.net
<rsalern5 at optonline.net> wrote:
> Thom,
>
> I have a similar setup to yours - 80+300gb LVM filesystem, stable with one tuner, backend locks up/crashes daily since adding a second tuner.   How do you determine if bad IRQ's are the problem and how does one go about researching/fixing this type of thing?

Well, I'm thinking that I'll disable com1 and com2. That will give me
back IRQ 3 and IRQ4. If I can split up my tuner cards and sound card
to be all on different IRQ's, I'm hoping that will help things.

Quick guess would be this.

Sound IRQ3
Nic IRQ4
PVR-350 IRQ5
PVR-250 IRQ 10
Nexus IRQ 11
Video IRQ 9
USB IRQ 12

That theoretically gives me a nice split. If I can pile up the unused
stuff like the USB and what not on 12, I'll leave the video card on 9
(which cascades down to 2) I should have my tuners and the good IRQ's.

I'll give this a go tonight as I need to take a monitor home to edit
the bios. Currently it's hooked to my TV and all my other computer
crap is at the office. Wife gets ugly if I have computer equipment at
home.

--
-=/>Thom