[mythtv-users] Looking for a mainboard

Lee, Jeong JLee at spokanecounty.org
Tue Mar 1 19:11:03 UTC 2005

I've had good luck with Foxconn motherboards.  Currently, I'm using their K8S760MG-6LRS which uses the SIS760+964 chipset.  I added an GF4 FX5200 video card and PVR-250 to round things out.  The board was like $75 when I purchased and so far it has worked great w/ my Athlon64 2800+.  I've also built a couple of other AMD64 systems for other people using Foxconn boards and so far no issues.  If you want a higher end MicroATX board try their new Nforce4 board, the NF4K8MC-RS which includes PCI-E slots.  It's going for $84 at NewEgg right now and for the money that will be hard to beat.  Expect basic accessories.

I am running FC3 x86-64 w/ Myth .17 right now.  I had been running .16 flawlessly for a few months before I upgraded.  Ran into a few issues after upgrading but was able to fix things so it seems stable at the moment.  There are additional difficulties with setting up MythTV on w/ x86-64, but in the long run I think it's worth it.

Good luck,
Jeong