[mythtv-users] LiveTV - blank screen only

Mark Matula mmatula at ratula.net
Tue Mar 1 20:22:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Sarah Roberts wrote:

> I checked out that thread and followed the steps.  I am not getting
> any particular output from the command line; then again, I'm not sure
> of what I should be expecting.  Here's what I typed:
>
> # rm /dev/video16
> # mknod /dev/video16 c 81 16
> # chmod 777 /dev/video16
> # exit
> $ dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
>
> When I finally ended it with a control-c, I got this:
>

> 26+5353 records in
> 26+5353 records out
>
> Where to next?  I also verified that my video settings in setup point
> to /dev/video0 and output in mythfrontend points to /dev/video16.

There won't be anything exciting on the command line.  But if things are
working right while that 'dd' command is running, you should get output on
your TV.  What the command does is take the input from
/dev/video0, which should be your tuner, and copy it to /dev/video16, which
is the decoder.  So if your tuner is tuned to a channel, you should see its
output on your TV (assuming it's hooked up to the A/V out from the PVR-350.

--
Mark Matula
Mikey, you will be missed: