[mythtv-users] Tvtime instead of mplayer?

Sapan Ganguly sapan.ganguly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:44:22 UTC 2005

Can I use tvtime instead of mplayer to watch TV on my mythtv box?  If so, how?

I've found that tvtime works much better for me.  When I use the
"Watch TV" menu option in mythtv the picture is jerky and not as sharp
as it is with tvtime.

My machine is only a Dell Optiplex GX1 450MHz machine with 256Mb of
RAM.  I use an old analogue TV card.  I mostly use the "composite1"
input to take in the output from my freeview box and just use that to
change channels.  I'm not too concerned about being able to pause or
record live TV.  The only other stuff I use is under the "Optical
Disks" menu, I've configured the DVD player to be xine, which works
nicely.

One thing I would like to see is a menu option for web radio and a
bluetooth remote control option would be good, I can use my phone to
control media player on windows, it would be great if I could do the
same with mythtv.

By the way, I am using Fedora Core 3 and I used yum to install the
"mythtv-suite" so I should be right up to date.

Thanks,

Sapan