[mythtv-users] problems with choppy playback and freezes

David Barr david20708 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 23:50:33 UTC 2005

I'm running mythbackend on a 1.2Ghz Athlon with a PVR-250 encoder card.
Mythfrontend is running on the mythtv-xbox distribution version 0.4.5-beta.

I have problems with choppy sound and video that usually happens during
dark scenes.  It happens both on live tv and recordings.  I've tried
various versions of the IVTV driver and encoding rates.  This has been a
problem on Mythtv version 0.16 and 0.17 (maybe earlier, too).  How can I
fix this?

A more serious problem has appeared since I upgraded to 0.17.  If I'm
browsing through the program guide with live TV in the upper corner of
the screen, the frontend will frequently lock up.  I have to power the
frontend off to recover, and I can't watch live TV until I restart the
backend (all inputs in use error).  Has anyone else experienced this
problem?

Thanks,

David