[mythtv-users] is my processor to blame? (lockups, problems with FF and REW)

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:12:13 UTC 2005

> I have a similar setup to yours - 80+300gb LVM filesystem, stable with one tuner, backend locks up/crashes daily since adding a second tuner.   How do you determine if bad IRQ's are the problem and how does one go about researching/fixing this type of thing?

"lspci -v" will list all your devices, and then you can view which
IRQ's they are on and compare with the other devices in the system to
see what's sharing. Also, ivtv's driver init section displays the
device id's of devices sharing IRQ's with a card supported by ivtv.

Again, I'm not 100% sure it's IRQ conflicts & ivtv causing the
lockups, but everything points to that in my testing. Unfortunately,
the system I have which habitually locks up will not allow me to
rearrange the IRQ's. It forces both the onboard video card and the
PVR-350 to the same IRQ, even if I try and change it. I need to test
on my system that works and deliberately cause IRQ conflicts to see if
it in fact locks up.

We do know that the machine isn't really as hard locked as it seems,
ivtv is just stuck in a deadlock sort of state. Ping flooding or
hitting enter at an SSH prompt often brings the box back to temporary
life.

-Kenneth