[mythtv-users] DVB Channel resurrection

Doug Scoular dscoular at cisco.com
Wed Mar 2 02:05:21 UTC 2005

Hi All,
    I have 0.17 installed and working pretty well with my
    Hauppauge Nove-T DVB-T card. tv_grab_au gets my
    listings without problems. However, mythsetup initially
    scanned in all the EPG and HD channels which I have
    no interest in. So I deleted the EPG and HD channels.

    The problem is that they re-appear over night. I'm assuming
    that running mythfilldatabase somehow triggers a DVB
    channel scan or somesuch. I've tried various methods
    for deleting the unwanted channels, mythsetup, mythweb
    and direct mysql table manipulation... but the channels
    keep coming back. It's also inconsistent; sometimes only
    a few HD and EPG channels come back sometimes more
    (probably due to the signal quality varying during a scan).

    Anyone have any ideas why these channel zombies keep
    resurrecting themselves ?

    I really do want to get rid of all the HD and EPG channels
    permanently. I only care about the five free to air channels.

    Cheers,

    Doug