[mythtv-users] Via VT8233 and SPDIF TOSLINK output

Shawn Willden shawn-myth at willden.org
Wed Mar 2 14:28:43 UTC 2005

Marius Schrecker wrote:

>Shawn Willden wrote
>
>So, I pulled the hard drive out of my new Shuttle...
>
>I have one of those and am wanting to do the same thing. It's still in the
>early stages but if it works I'll post it. I need some more toslink cables
>before I can test.  Mine's a sn95g5, what's yours?

It's an SK43G, with a Sempron 2800+ in socket A, and 512MB of RAM.  It
recognizes the CPU as an Athlon XP 2400+, which seems a bit odd, but
seems to be plenty fast and to run reasonably cool.  Since the mobo
seems to want to underclock the processor a bit I'm experimenting with
lowering the CPU voltage to cool it even more.

I put a 128MB GeForce 5200FX with DVI out in the AGP slot, and that also
seems to work great; it has nice, crisp picture and no overscan on my
Samsung 50" DLP screen.  Right now it has a 200GB Maxtor drive in it,
but I'm going to take that out and replace it with a small drive, or
maybe even boot it off of the network or CF.  The big drive will go in
my file server, along with a couple of others in RAID-5 config.

Now if I could only get the six-channel audio to work... :-(

    Shawn.