[mythtv-users] Couple of problems

The Cyberwizzard a_wizzard at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:24:29 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have a couple of problems which I can't figure out using google or the
docs:

First: how the hell do I tell mythbackend which ALSA device to use when
recording from my TV tuner? I can't find it anywhere, best I could come up
with is summit like 'ALSA:aux' but it seems the backend (using mythsetup to
configure it) won't accept that.

Next, which entry field in mythsetup in the channel editor actually refers
to the channel itself? The frequency id in the 2nd screen or the channel id?
Over here in the netherlands the information is not available from the XMLTV
application so i need to specify it by hand but I can't figure out what to
enter in which field.

3rd, why won't mythvideo compile? I get a load of errors from the main.ccp
file which seems to start with line 343 which refers to MSqlQuery as being
undefined...

Thanks,
Berend Dekens