[mythtv-users] DVI and Overscan - The Epic Battle

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 3 00:07:52 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 13:39, Dan wolf wrote:
> Yes, lets sheild their computer-building sourcecode-compilling brains
> from the evil that are certain words!

In general, I have no problem with swearing. I do it all the time, just not on
a public mailing list or in front of my 2 year old.

> I understand you arguement Jarod

What argument? About swearing or about overscan? I wasn't arguing anything, I
was just hinting that I thought swearing in every sentence wasn't necessary
to make your point.

> but we are broadcasting in
> ***digital HIGH DEFINITION picture over the air on 60" tv sets***.
> You think they would have figured it out.

The bulk of the world doesn't have HDTVs yet, not everything is HD yet, and I
can certainly think of things that are worse than overscan. I understand the
pain though, I spent countless hours tweaking modelines to get the output to
my HDTV to fit perfectly in the visible area, and lost roughly 100 pixels of
resolution along each axis. Still looks outstanding though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...