[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: MythTV as Senior Project?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Mar 3 14:22:41 UTC 2005

>>> loudawg at comcast.net 03/03/05 6:03 AM >>>
<snip>
>Anyhow, any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.  If we can
>pull this one off then we would be able to code for something we're
>actually interested in, while at the same time helping out the
project.
>And of course, we could both possibly learn a thing or two from the
>plentiful criticism shot out by Isaac and the other devs.  :-)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Louie Ilievski

How about a modeline generator?  People are always aksing
for ways to come up with the perfect modeline.  I often see the
control strip in windows mentioned, but since Myth only does
linux, something equivalent so I didn't have to remove my
card from the current machine, load it into a windows
machine I might have lying around, run the program, generate
the modelines, take them down, take the card out, put it back
into the myth box, then try out all the modelines supported.

That would be huge!

Paul