[mythtv-users] Bob and artifacts

John Kuhn kuhn at razorsys.com
Thu Mar 3 14:48:42 UTC 2005

I'm a recent convert from the pvr-350 tv-out to a new nvidia 6200
tv-out.  while i think the tv-out quality of nvidia is on par with the
350 the tv playback using it isnt.  By turning on Bob deinterlacing the
picture is much more comparable to the 350.  my problem now is that when
i fast forward or some times in the middle of watching a recording, I'll
get artifacts (big blocks and skipping audio to match) is this a
"normal" side effect from using bob? is there a way to reduce this?  I
currently have audio buffering on and it doesnt seem to help that.

any help would be appreciated.

--John